TSLRRA is monitoring the following legislative and regulatory activity:
STATE OF TEXAS
- HB 3566
Relating to a franchise credit for short line railroads that make certain reconstruction or replacement expenditures. [Text for HB 3566]
- HB 977
Relating to Railroad crew size requirements.
- HB 1568
Relation to the movement of pedestrians in front of, under, between or through rail cars at a railroad grade crossing.
- HB 3460/SB 1939
Relating to the movement of vehicles transporting sealed ocean cargo shipping containers.
- HB 3854/SB 1524
Relating to the movement of certain vehicles transporting an intermodal shipping container.
- HR 721/S. 407 [BRACE ACT / 45-G] The Short Line Tax Credit leverages private sector investment in rail infrastructure by providing a tax credit of 50 cents for every dollar spent on track improvements. The purpose of the bill is to permanently extend the Short Line Tax Credit described in Section 45G. The credit expired at the end of 2016.
- References for Advocates of 45G
- 45G White Paper – A document stating the objectives and overview of the 45G tax credit; you may use for your own information or for congressional outreach.
- Section 45G as Currently Enacted – Document showing the legislative history and relevant statutory text of 26 USC 45G. Note: Not for tax or IRS compliance purposes. Seek professional tax advice before taking a tax position.
- Co-sponsor History List
- 2017 AASHTO SCORT Short Line Tax Credit Resolution
- STB Rail-Shipper Transportation Advocacy Council BRACE Act Resolution